Friday, December 31, 2010

The Nokia N900 Blog

The Nokia N900 Blog


SPB TV – internet television for N900

Posted: 31 Dec 2010 08:16 AM PST

Right now I’m away from home, having few days off during this free christmas and new years time. I’m having my N900 with me and sometimes I like to peek what’s going on back in Poland. I can do it thanks to SPB TV.

Last time I’ve downloaded SPB application I was really amused, application was quite well written, stable, good looking and generally nice, it was SPB Brain Evolution 2, really nice mind training game.

SPB TV application

SPB TV application

This time I’ve cecked SPB TV, wandering what actually it can do and if I can find some polish TV stations. Download, installation and first run was smooth, nothing to describe actually, application downloaded stations database and I started. It’s easy to use, station list is displayed on the bottom, preview and schedule is also visible. It seems to choose the best quality for your current bandwidth, my current connection is crappy so I got low quality, but checked with better one and was playing medium as well. I’ve also found 4 stations from my country, now I know exactly what is the weather and what is traffic situation back at home ;) . I really like the application, try it for free from Ovi store.

This is probably the last time I can post something this year, only few hours left, so have fun on new years eve party and best wishes for next year!

MJ